Saturday, April 9, 2011

What a novel idea........

I have wanted to write a novel since I was twelve years old or so. One day a few months ago I decided it was time to go ahead and chase the dream. Every one of us has some sort of dream or goal that we wanted to do but life has a way of getting in the middle of things. Once the decision was made to write a book the only thing to do was to get started. And that proved to be the toughest part of the whole project. Telling a story inside my head was easy. Trying to type it out and make it coherent was a whole different matter. I would start and erase the entire thing and start over. Eventually I just decided to hell with it and started typing the tale.





A funny thing happened on the way to the end of the book. I began to get nervous at first and now I'm to the point of being scared. Scared of what I'm not sure. The novel was completed two days ago and I started reading it a final time before getting it to an editor. It's the first time I read what I wrote since I started and it shocked me. Try as I might I don't remember writing some of what I wrote. I know I did because I recognize my own stuff but I never thought I could write that well. Don't get me wrong here, I will never be mistaken for Earnest Hemmingway or even Dr. Seuss but I've read enough books to know this aint half bad. The reason it surprised me is this was just a dream I wanted to chase. I expected very little. I got much more. I can say I did something I always wanted to do. That makes it a success if it never does get pblished.





One added benefit for me is I can begin blogging again. I've really missed posting my ridiculous or sarcastic ideas everyday. There just wasn't enough time to write both. So if you missed the blog thanks for checking back in. There certainly is no shortage of things to laugh at in todays world.





Till next......








No comments:

Post a Comment