Thursday, March 3, 2011

Anatomy of a long term freindship.

We have known each other all of our lives. He had a tough start to life and his appearance was changed forever where as I had the "Leave it to Beaver" childhood. It never mattered to either of us from the start. We just liked each other's company.

Early on when we were just past toddlers we would hang out together without a care in the world. Nothing to worry about except what was for dinner. It was the way it's supposed to be at that age. Even though we were together all the time neither one of us felt the need to have the upper hand. Like most long term relationships that changed and sometimes not for the better.

When we reached high school age, he became much more confident and independent than I was. He would jump up whenever he wanted to and I would cringe and just want him to sit down. Timing never seemed to be a concern to him. It seemed to be all I ever thought of. When we would get out of school I would try to beat the rebel streak out of him but it never worked. It seemed to only make him more independent than before. It was a very awkward time for me and I suspect it was tough on him as well. But the only thing constant is change.

The day girls and later women began to hold a certain appeal to both of us our relationship changed once again. We both tried our best to impress the ladies. I wouldn't use the word jealousy to describe our differences as much as I would say it led to differences of opinion. And then when you add alcohol all hell would break loose. We would have heated discussions over girls many times. Sometimes he would win, sometimes I would. But it was always interesting.

Fast forward a decade or so and our friendship still remained. We would get together and play whatever a couple of times a week and I would always beat the crap out of him. Sometimes I would wonder why he didn't just give up because we both knew the outcome but he probably enjoyed playing anyway. He has never lost his spirit, even to this day. We still hang out together but the only time we play anymore is if my wife wants to join us. He has learned to not even feign interest unless she is around because he still thinks I'll want to play and beat him up again.

Yes, the long term relationship a man has with his penis, Johnson or member is a complicated one. One is supposed to think while the other is supposed to do what feels good. Amazingly, we men seemed to get confused on which is which from time to time. Some men actually name their penis. That may be taking the relationship a bit to far. What next? Flowers for Valentines Day? No, we need to remember who is supposed to be in charge. Even though it gets hard to tell sometimes.



Till next.......

No comments:

Post a Comment