Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Nose job? Not for me. I might lose my fame....

Just like Jennifer Gray. Up until I saw Dancing with the Stars I forgot all about her. She sure spent a lot of years in obscurity because she did not embrace the beauty of the big beak. She is not the first one to make that mistake. Just one of the more famous. She is pretty plain with a normal sized nose. At least hers didn't turn out like Michael Jackson's nose. He started out looking like an average brother and turned into something resembling a rodent that had a bad cocaine habit for too many years. If he turned it up one more degree he would have drowned in a rain storm.

A big nose can actually add longevity to an actors career, I think. How many years did the great Karl Malden act? At least 4 decades worth. Maybe 5. Jimmy Durante is another one. Stage and screen for him. Ray Romano can cast a long shadow with his beak. Bob Hope, while he lacked the sheer girth of the others, his length was still well above average. World famous too. Dustin Hoffman sniffed out a nice career and he he's got a honker a goose would be proud of. Jennifer Lopez is not known for her nose but it sticks out like her...well you get the picture. Sarah Jessica Parker has a nose that most toucans would be proud of. She could be a spokesperson for Fruit Loops. Patrick Stewart probably calls his the "starship enterprise". Captains log, damn that is a big nose. Mel Gibson sports a pretty large lethal proboscis his own self. He can smell a bad relationship from a mile away. (maybe not) Jim Belushi isn't exactly a pug nose and he is in his third decade as well. The list goes on and on.

I point these very talented people out not to mock or ridicule, which is my natural tendency, but to exalt. They have reached the pinnacle of their profession with huge noses. There is hope for all of us who have boldly stuck our nose out because we don't have a choice. Shows character, people have said to me. Great. I must have frigging Disney running around on top of my lip then. Shows determination I've been told. Given that equation I will be curing cancer while I climb Mt. Everest and sing bedtime stories to the three homeless children I have adopted. The only thing this nose has determined is a huge tissue bill during allergy season. So I am determined to be a character?That might make sense of all this.

Well, Jennifer, I hope we have all learned something from your decision to have some sort of rhinocircumcision. If you got a big one be proud. At least I don't have to wear a Speedo to show it off.



Till next......

No comments:

Post a Comment