Thursday, January 13, 2011

You go first Barry. We're right behind you.

I saw the replay of the President's speech last night and I thought it was a very good speech. Not sure how you get a t-shirt at a memorial but then I don't go to any memorials. He did have one line that I thought was brilliant when he asked for a tone that heels, not hurts. So I am all on board Barry, I just want you to go first.
Growing up we all had that one friend who would suggest something crazy and then fade into the background while one of the others took the chance and did it. I know that bee hive that I knocked down with a stick was not my idea. The stingers left all over me were proof that listening to people tell you what to do without doing it first is not always the best way to go. Or the time I tried fitting a keg of beer and two friends in a canoe for a short trip in Lake Superior. Didn't turn out well. My buddy was positive it wouldn't tip over. Again, you first.
So back to the President. Okay, let's all play nice. No more, "get in the back of the bus " comments for you. We won't hear you tell us that you will "bring a gun if we have a knife". Pigs will probably fly before you refer to American citizens who disagree with you politically as "enemies". To my substantial ears those do not sound like healing words. Almost hurtful some would say. And while we're sitting around the campfire singing together, how about getting your media team on board with the new civil tone. It won't do much good to heal wounds if your staff is right behind ripping off the scabs. They do listen to you, right? Just like well trained dogs just raise your hand and say sit and they will.
Off we go into the wild blue yonder with nothing but kind words for each other and our political opponents. You first, Mr. President.

Till next......

No comments:

Post a Comment